"The Model ASMSA Candidate"
- Completes Algebra II or Geometry by the end of the sophomore year.
- Applies well before the deadline.
- Submits competitive ACT or SAT scores and transcripts (competitive = at or above incoming averages)
- Has taken the most demanding courses offered at home school
- Has shadowed a current ASMSA student
- Submits coherent, well-written essays
- Retains a photocopy of all documents
Cost to attend ASMSA:
Free tuition, room and board! ASMSA is a state-funded educational program, so there is no tuition. The annual student fee is approximately $305. Financial assistance is available for all that qualify through the Federal Lunch Program. Tuition, books, room and board are covered by the state of Arkansas. Personal items, travel, and phone expenses are the family’s responsibility.
The following yearly assessments are MANDATORY for all students:
- $0 - Tuition/Room & Board
- $110 - Student Activity Assessment
- $50 - Telephone/Internet Assessment
- $50 - Research Assessment
- $40 - Laundry (Our laundry facilities are not coin-operated. Students may use them as often as needed.)
- $30 - Room Assessment
- $25 - Parents' Association Dues
TOTAL ASSESSMENT: $305
Other fees if applicable
- $25 if bringing a computer, which must be registered with the school
- $25 if bringing a refrigerator
Click here for information about deadlines and upcoming admissions events.