Alumni Weekend 2014
Come join your fellow alumni for ASMSA's Alumni Weekend 2014! All graduates, attendees as well as former faculty and staff are welcome to attend. You will have an opportunity to hang out with many of your classmates, visit faculty, engage with our current students and participate in this year's commencement ceremony. As part of the weekend, we will honor the following classes: 1999 (15 year), 2004 (10 year) and 2009 (5 year). See the information below about specific class reunions.
Beginning this year during Memorial Day weekend, ASMSA will host Alumni Weekend as part of commencement and year-end celebrations. A barbecue lunch on the Student Center Courtyard (noon, Friday, 5/23) will be free for you and your family. The cost to attend other alumni social events is $30/adult and will cover the Cocktail Reception (cash bar) (Friday, 5/23) and Continental Breakfast (Saturday, 5/24). Your children are welcome to join us for breakfast on Saturday for free. Also, childcare information will be made available for those who request it. Contact Vicki Hinz at (501) 622-5110 for more information.
Please make plans to bring your family, spend some time in Hot Springs and hang out with your fellow ASMSA alumni. We look forward to seeing you!
To register, please visit http://asmsa.me/alumniwknd14.
Friday, May 23
• Noon — BBQ Lunch in the ASMSA Courtyard (FREE to alumni & families — registration required)
• To follow — Games and Tours: interact with current students; tour the former RLB and Student Center
• 3 p.m. - Alumni/Student Mixer (Chapel)
• 6 p.m. - Alumni & Friends Cocktail Reception (Rolando's Speakeasy, 210 Central Ave.); includes heavy hors d'oeuvres and a cash bar will be available. Cost of the reception is included with registration. All alumni, former students, faculty, staff, friends and supporters are invited. The event is casual and is for adults only.
Saturday, May 24
• 8 a.m. — Continental Breakfast, Arlington Hotel. The adult cost of attendance is included with registration. Families are welcome; children eat free.
• 9 a.m. — Association for Alumni and Friends of ASMSA (AAFA) Annual Meeting, Arlington Hotel. The AAFA Pilot Board will develop and share agenda. All ASMSA alumni and attendees are encouraged to attend
• 11 a.m. — Explore Downtown Hot Springs (on your own). Reminisce about old times as you explore downtown
• Noon — Lunch (on your own) Meet up for lunch with friends at one of Hot Springs' many downtown eateries
• 1:30 p.m. — Commencement Exercises for the Class of 2014, Hot Springs Convention Center (HSCC), Horner Hall. Alumni should assemble at east end of HSCC (near Embassy Suites). The alumni will lead 2014 graduates into the assembly hall. The alumni will be recognized. There will be a reserved seating section for alumni and family. Attire for the event is business casual (recommended but not required)
• Saturday Evening and Sunday
Class of 1999 Reunion - contact Jack Waddell for details (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Class of 2004 Reunion - contact Deb Sesser for details (email@example.com).
Class of 2009 Reunion - contact Vicki Hinz for details (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Child care information will be provided upon request. Please contact Vicki Hinz for information about child care (501.622.5110, email@example.com). It will be up to you to make arrangements and pay for any child care services. (Note: $5 of each ticket will serve as a charitable contribution to the ASMSA Foundation Fund Alumni account for future ASMSA Alumni programs.)
Registration closes at 5 p.m. CDT on Monday, May 19, 2014.