ASMSA Student Ambassadors assist the Office of Institutional Advancement as representatives of ASMSA to the school’s external communities. An Ambassador must have the ability to effectively communicate his/her passion for ASMSA as well as be prepared to share detailed and comprehensive knowledge of the school’s mission, history, facilities and programs. As an Ambassador, the students will interact with alumni, corporate executives, faculty, staff, parents, elected officials and other influential members of ASMSA’s external community. An Ambassador will actively promote the mission of ASMSA, educating the community about the exceptional experience offered to Arkansas’ students. The Ambassadors will help host VIP’s, provide assistance for campus tours, special events and public speaking events, and participate in other support and fundraising activities.
What does an Ambassador do?
· Work with the Office of Institutional Advancement 2 hours each week through the Work Service Program
· Assist in fundraising:
o Annual Campaign
o Special Events
· Visit with and provide tours for influential supporters of ASMSA
· Speak at public events
· Work with campus outreach program
What are some of the benefits?
· Incredible networking opportunities with corporate executives and influential alumni
· Improving communication, persuasion, leadership, and organizational skills
· Great resume builder
Ambassador Candidate Requirements
· Excellent oral communication skills and poise in dealing with diverse groups of visitors
· Comfortable with both public speaking and telephone conversations
· Has mastered time management skills
· Desire to become engaged and spread the word about the mission and benefits of ASMSA to the Arkansas community
· Detailed oriented
· Energetic with a positive outlook
· Has outstanding student record and is an enthusiastic participant in his/her classroom.
· Willing to “dress the part”
2017 - 2017 Application Schedule
February 10 — Applications Due (Instutitional Advancement Office). For Application to be complete, Applicant must return Application, Parental Consent and Faculty and Residential Mentor recommendation forms.
February 20 — Semifinal Applicants Notified
February 21-28 — Semifinal Applicants Sign Up for Inverviews on Google Drive doc
March 6-10 —Interviews held in Office of Institutional Advancement office
March 17 — 2017-18 Student Ambassadors will be notified.